BASE HOLOGRAM ANNOUNCES FIRST DATES FOR IN DREAMS: ROY ORBISON IN CONCERT - THE HOLOGRAM TOUR
North America Tour Follows Successful European Leg Featuring Multiple Sell-Outs
Andy Williams’ Moon River Theatre In Branson, Missouri Confirmed As First of Its Kind Hologram Residency For Industry-Changing Experience
Los Angeles, CA (July 10, 2018) – Today, BASE Hologram, the leading live entertainment content creator leveraging holographic film technology to produce live entertainment tours and attractions worldwide, announced the first dates for the North America leg of its debut event – “In Dreams: Roy Orbison in Concert – The Hologram Tour.”
An enthralling production that will launch in the beginning of October, following record-breaking sales across Europe, is directed by Eric Schaeffer (Broadway’s Million Dollar Quartet) and presented through extraordinary theatrical stagecraft, to recreate the legendary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame icon through cutting edge holographic laser imaging as he performs newly recorded, never-before-heard, digitally remastered arrangements of his classics, backed by a live orchestra.
“Our goal for this type of show is not just to play in major metropolitan cities, but to bring this experience to a variety of markets, regardless of size,” said Brian Becker, Founder & CEO, BASE Entertainment and BASE Hologram. “Roy loved playing smaller more intimate venues because he loved having that type of connection with fans. We also want to give fans across the globe the unique opportunity to once again experience the legend who continues to be a pivotal force in Rock ‘n’ Roll music and ensure that people in every city, in every type of venue, have a chance to witness what we truly believe is the future of live entertainment.”
Known for his distinctive, impassioned voice, complex compositions, and dark emotional ballads, many critics describe Orbison’s music as operatic, naming him “The Caruso of Rock.” Between 1960 and 1964, 22 of his songs placed on the Billboard Top 40, which paved the way for his successful career, marked by entry into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and making him one of the top 100 artists of all time.
The tour’s initial international dates resulted in over 35,000 tickets sold with nearly every date being completely sold out – leading to additional dates being added for 2019.
In addition to the initial dates listed below, BASE Hologram also announced the first of its kind hologram residency show at the Andy Williams Moon River Theatre in Branson, Missouri. The 30 minute showcase of the hologram concert will begin playing in the Spring and similar to the touring show will feature Orbison’s most beloved hit songs, accompanied by live musicians. Previews for the show will take place in the fourth quarter of 2018.
“We’re very honoured to be the first to host this one-of-a-kind residency at our theatre,” said theatre manager and owner Jimmy Osmond. “It’s the perfect venue for fans to relive the magic and heart of Roy’s music, and the audience will leave having rekindled their love for his artistry all over again.”
Universally recognized as one of the great music legends and praised by everyone from Bruce Springsteen to Elvis Presley, Orbison’s catalogue includes such chart-toppers as Oh, Pretty Woman, You Got It, Only The Lonely, Crying, I Drove All Night, It’s Over and In Dreams. This tour will allow fans old and new to get the chance to experience one of the most iconic and revered figures in the history of the medium in a spectacular and thrilling new way as Orbison and his trademark three-octave range voice come back to the stage he commanded for decades.
“Roy’s musicianship along with his original and unique sound, raw intensity and honesty made him a force in the music scene and he continues to influence today’s younger generation,” said the show’s director Eric Schaeffer. “Combining the artistry of Roy with the ground-breaking realism of the hologram technology and the live elements of a full orchestra creates a whole new experience to share with all fans around the world.”
Orbison’s impact continues today as the newly released album, A Love So Beautiful: Roy Orbison With the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, has quickly skyrocketed up the UK and Australia music charts. Recorded at the historic Abbey Road Studios along with contributions from Roy’s three sons and grandson, the album was a global success when it was released last November (including approaching platinum status in the UK) that a sequel is currently in the works.
In addition the show’s debut UK (European) tour was an overwhelming success with numerous sell-out dates. In Dreams: Roy Orbison in Concert – The Hologram Tour
IN DREAMS: ROY ORBISON IN CONCERT – THE HOLOGRAM TOUR –
NORTH AMERICA TOUR DATES:
· October 1, 2018 – Fox Theatre – Oakland, California
· October 2, 2018 – The Wiltern Theater – Los Angeles, California
· October 6, 2018 – City National Civic – San Jose, California
· October 9, 2018 – Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium – Edmonton, Alberta
· October 10, 2018 – Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium – Calgary, Alberta
· October 13, 2018 – Chester Fritz Auditorium – Grand Forks, ND
· October 16, 2018 – Paramount Theatre – Denver, CO
· October 18, 2018 – Pabst Theatre – Milwaukee, WI
· October 20, 2018 – Fox Theatre – Detroit, MI
· October 21, 2018 – Genesee Theatre – Waukegan, IL
· October 23, 2018 – Orpheum Theatre – Memphis, TN
· October 24, 2018 – Majestic Theatre – Dallas, TX
· October 26, 2018 – Smart Financial Centre – Houston, TX
· October 27, 2018 – Verizon Theatre – Grand Prairie, TX
· October 30, 2018 – MGM National Harbor @ Oxon Hill – Washington DC
· November 1, 2018 – Bergen PAC – Englewood, NJ
· November 2, 2018 – Count Basie Theatre – Red Bank, NJ
· November 7, 2018 – Collins Center for the Arts – Orono, ME
· November 8, 2018 – Lynn Auditorium – Lynn, MA
· November 9, 2018 – Xcite Center @ Parx Casino – Bensalem, PA
· November 10, 2018 – Tilles Center For The Performing Arts – Brookville, NY
· November 12, 2018 – Mayo Performing Center – Morristown, NJ
· November 14, 2018 – Peace Concert Hall – Greenville, SC
· November 15, 2018 – Fox Theatre – Atlanta, GA
· November 16, 2018 – Walt Disney Theatre Center For The Performing Arts – Orlando, FL
· November 17, 2018 – Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall – Fort Myers, FL
· November 18, 2018 – Parker Playhouse – Fort Lauderdale, FL
· November 19, 2018 – Ruth Eckerd Hall – Clearwater, FL
Stay tuned for additional dates to be announced.
Tickets can be purchased at www.orbisoninconcert.com.
BASE Hologram also debuted a second tour featuring opera legend and diva Maria Callas. See tour dates and ticket sales at www.callasinconcert.com.
Additional information may be found at www.basehologram.com.
About BASE Hologram
Based in Los Angeles, CA, BASE Hologram develops, produces, and distributes live entertainment and location-based productions worldwide that combine holographic cinema with live entertainment. These productions utilize breath-taking state-of-the-art holographic digital and laser technology and expert theatrical stagecraft to bring to life artists, icons and celebrities – living and deceased – as well as historical figures and fictional and animated characters in photorealistic, 3-D productions, enabling audiences to connect dynamically with the content in live settings. BASE acquires and manages intellectual properties to create an ever-growing roster of engaging and immersive cutting edge content. For more information please visit www.basehologram.com.
Brett Gold/Brittany Smith